The Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant applications.
An organization may contact PCLB at any time to discuss the possibility of applying for funds. Prior to making an inquiry, please review the grant portfolios to ensure your organization’s work is a strong fit with our goals and strategies.
The following internal policies further guide funding decisions:
- PCLB’s funding is targeted to New York and Connecticut.
- PCLB awards grants for both general operating and project support, with a strong preference to support the general operations of the highest performing organizations involved with the issues of greatest interest to PCLB.
- Awards are made to non-profit charitable organizations that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or to public governmental agencies.
- PCLB does not make grants for ticketed events or to individuals.
- For organizations and projects closely aligned with a PCLB grant portfolio’s goals and strategies, an initial inquiry may lead to a meeting and a site visit with a Program Officer.
- PCLB uses an online application system to manage and administer grants in its spring and fall grant cycles. The Board of Directors meet twice a year – May & November – to review and approve grant awards. Applications are sent to invited grantees in the months prior to our board meetings.
PCLB is committed to a fair and equitable grantee selection process focused on high-quality organizations with proven capacity and capability to effect real change. Regrettably, with limited grant funding available, there are many important and worthy organizations that PCLB cannot support at this time.